Associate UI Programmer
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Toronto is on the lookout for talented Associate UI Programmer who possesses a passion for creating world class user interfaces that help form the connection between the player and our games. This is a full time permanent position based out of Rockstar's unique game development studio in Oakville, ON.
WHAT WE DO
- The UI Team at Rockstar is a diverse, multinational team made up of programmers and developers from across our studios.
- Working together across time zones we use our industry leading, in-house proprietary “RAGE” engine to produce the User Interface features that form the connection between the player and our games.
- We develop our own UI tools, editors and technologies to let our UI developers realize the creative vision of the projects we work on while constantly striving for excellence to produce the seamless UI experience our millions of players expect.
- As an associate UI programmer, you will work across all areas of UI code development delivering technology updates and game feature code.
- Working with your lead, you will be given sets of tasks to support key feature areas.
- You will provide time estimates and technical issue forecasting for all work which you then assume full responsibility for.
- Giving frequent communication updates to your lead and involving them in any discussions that arise from your tasks, you will deliver high quality, fully debugged, performant code to the time requirements agreed upon.
- Working with the other UI team members, you will be asked to review other programmer’s code and must ensure your feedback means it meets the quality levels required.
- A degree in software engineering, mathematics or computer science.
- Strong C++, debugging and object orientated design (and / or C# and MVVM, MVC).
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Familiarity with day to day game development tools including Bug tracking software, communication tools and version control software.
- Experience with XML, XAML, Json and other common file formats.
- Experience with tools programming.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.