Job Title:AssociateTechnical Artist
Associate Technical Artist
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, Calif., just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision Blizzard. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
- Work with the team to gather feedback on tools/workflows and educate on best practices
- Become skilled at our pipeline and tools such that you troubleshoot/identify issues with content developers and, working with other Tech Artists, guide them on the best courses of action
- Create content test scenes to help diagnose issues, and provide quality, targeted feedback to other departments.
- Write scripts and tools in our supported applications, to support workflows, and asset setups.
- Contribute to and help maintain coding standards and documentation
- Associate/Bachelor's degree in a relevant field - game development, computer science OR equivalent experience
- Ability and interest in learning new programs and workflows, and some experience with any game engine.
- Ability to think critically and investigate problems
- Scripting and/or coding exposure – Python, C#, C++, or similar
- Experience in using content applications like Maya, 3DS Max, Blender, Substance, Photoshop, & Houdini
- Good interpersonal skills, and an ability to work with and support other content developers
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.