Audio Systems Engineer - XDefiant
Do you find yourself closing your eyes and listening to a game, critiquing the sound quality and mentally reverse-engineering how new engines do their audio tech? Sound is critical to the immersion of a game environment, and can be the difference between winning a match and walking away a loser. As an audio engineer you know you can make things sound better and make the players feel a part of the game world.
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person to work with us on XDefiant, a new multiplatform online multiplayer action game based in our San Francisco studio. XDefiant is a free-to-play, fast-paced arena shooter that combines intense gunplay with personalized loadouts and specialized factions, as teams of gunfighters battle for domination.
You’ll be working to design, create, and extend the underlying audio systems which bring our games to life. Leveraging the Audiokinetic Wwise sound library, the Snowdrop engine already creates an immersive audio world, and you will be expanding and improving on that technology. You’ll be improving the fidelity and accuracy of the in-world sound systems, key parts of the audio experience. You will work on a small, collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways.
You’ll also be part of the diverse Ubisoft San Francisco team. We embrace a variety of work situations based on what is best for the team, and we welcome people working in our SF office, remotely from other locations, or some combination of the two. We put a priority on supporting our team members and what makes them happiest and most productive.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Extend and improve the existing audio systems
- Optimize audio integration code and systems
- Work with the audio team to support their development needs
- Expand and improve the underlaying audio propagation and occlusion systems
- Collaborate with Lead Core Engineer on technical design and feature roll out
- Coordinate with other developers to ensure smooth roll out of new features
- Review the work of other engineers and provide mentorship
- Create and maintain technical design documents
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- C/C++ experience with understanding of multi-threaded programming techniques
- Experience with low-level audio systems in modern game engines (Wwise, FMOD, etc.)
- Understanding of low-level optimizations and cross-platform development
- Ability to be self-directed, focused, and detail-oriented
Learn more about XDefiant here - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/xdefiant
Learn more about the Snowdrop engine here - https://www.ubisoft.com/snowdrop
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
MORE ABOUT US
Ubisoft is composed of over 21,000 talented people located in 45+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
We are committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
The San Francisco base salary range for this full-time position is $112,000 - $140,000. The base pay offered may vary based on a candidate’s geographic region, qualifications, skills and experience among other factors. Compensation details reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, stock options, or benefits.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.