Automation Systems Engineer, C#
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is on the lookout for a passionate and talented IT Systems Engineer to focus on scripting and automation. Working with our global studios, this is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Manhattan, NY.
WHAT WE DO
- We deliver global IT systems infrastructure to Rockstar's development teams.
- We maintain our infrastructure to the highest standard, with an emphasis on preventative actions rather than reactive.
- We constantly review our processes with the aim of automating wherever possible.
- We are a team spread across 3 continents, that work closely together, to achieve our goals to a high standard, always.
- Automating deployment and maintenance of a wide range of infrastructure, comprising network, servers, storage, and compute (mostly on-premise).
- Managing and deploying Windows and Linux servers using DevOps methodology.
- Supporting day-to-day IT Operations to drive maximum system uptime.
- 5+ years’ experience in the IT industry.
- Industry standard qualifications MCSE/VCP or industry equivalent are advantageous but not essential.
- Strong programming skills in one or more of Powershell, Python, C#, Ansible.
- Experience automating IT processes, systems and deployments.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Puppet or Ansible Tower.
- Passionate about DevOps methodology and “infrastructure as code”.
- Experience with Runbook automation tools, e.g. RunDeck.
- Experience with deployment of infrastructure in the cloud.
- Windows server installation and administration (Active directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, DFS/R, Office 365).
- Linux configuration and administration skills (RHEL/Ubuntu).
- VMware/Nutanix/Hypervisor, installation and administration via vCLI/API/Ansible.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team or individually as required.
- Self-motivated & confident.
- Excellent documentation skills with high attention to detail.
- Experience with taking projects from planning through to completion.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations.
- Capacity to juggle a mixture of break-fix and project work, managing individual priorities and deadlines.
- Willingness to occasionally work flexible hours, or out of hours as required.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experienced in developing Full Stack ASP.NET MVC web applications.
- Proficient in C# / JQuery / React / HTML5 / CSS / Razor.
- Good understanding of design and architectural patterns.
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, TeamCity).
- Experience in Unit Testing (XUnit, NUnit) would be advantageous.
- Database configuration and administration (MySQL/Percona/NoSQL).
- Version control system exposure (Perforce/GIT/Subversion).
- Containerization administration and configuration (Docker/Kubernetes).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.
The pay range for this position in New York City at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.