The Monitoring Team is responsible for supporting our operations teams with cutting edge monitoring and event management solutions which answer the demanding nature of online gaming and disturbed applications in a cloud-based and virtualized environment. As a developer within this team, you will be part of a multi-skilled team charged with developing the necessary toolset for our monitoring ecosystem all while ensuring its evolution and improvement.
Working with this team will give you the opportunity to work with cloud-native technologies and virtualization as well as emerging technologies: Here are some of the emerging technologies you’ll be able to learn and work with: Golang, Python, Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus and Zabbix.
- Participate in the entire development lifecycle (SDLC) for our monitoring platform, developing toolsets and automation solutions within the platform’s ecosystem;
- Participate in the implementation of new monitoring platforms/sources, ensure efficient metric dashboards and support implemented features;
- Participate in the governance of applications and infrastructure monitoring design, implementation, customization and support;
- Act as a subject matter expert for Monitoring tools and platform development in DevOps, all while keeping up to date with new trends, best practices and technologies;
- Configure and maintain a centralize monitoring platform;
- Provide event logging and repositories to aid in the investigation and prevention of incidents, problems and service quality issues;
- Grow the technical skills of everyone, including your peers though peer mentoring, coaching and training.
Skills and Knowledge
- Having been exposed to monitoring solutions like Zabbix, Prometheus and open source monitoring technologies, like time-series databases, metric dashboards, real time graphing, graph editors, ELK stacks and vector framework;
- Demonstrated expertise working in development within a large scale-enterprise environment and having been exposed to the DevOps philosophy;
- A language agnostic mindset, having a proven track record with languages like Golang and Python, C#, Java, Ruby or PHP;
- Advanced knowledge of container technologies namely Kubernetes and Docker;
- Understanding of infrastructure protocols to gather element-level event data, network performance, application performance, operations analytics;
- Bilingualism French and English is required both orally and in writing.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and knowledge can come in various forms, from a range of experiences. That's why we strongly encourage you to apply even if you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.