Back End Engineer
We are Accelerate Solutions, an innovative team building custom software for a wide range of clients! Our professional services team works across multiple platforms building digital twin and metaverse solutions that incorporate groundbreaking technologies like XR, robotics, machine learning and IoT. We work on a diverse range of business verticals including games, automotive, transportation, retail, manufacturing and entertainment.
You are a dedicated cloud and backend engineer looking to join our new team in Singapore. We are looking for someone that has a consistent record of building scalable APIs. You understand REST fundamentals, own your work, mentor others, and have an eagerness to learn and grow.
Your eagerness to solve new problems and deliver professional implementations are paired with confidence and skill to ensure you and your team builds best in class cloud and backend solutions.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and deploy high quality, cloud-based applications
- Work with other disciplines such as devops and quality to ensure successful delivery of software
- Ensure the team adheres to and offer improvements to project standards and guidelines to enable better software development
- Estimate tasks and manage time effectively
- Investigate, architect, plan and develop medium and large features individually or in collaboration with team mates
What we’re looking for
- Strong professional development experience spanning multiple cloud services projects and experience with at least one of GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and how it applies in practice to a team building software
- Proficient with a variety of SQL and NoSQL database technologies such as Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, or Redis
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems while adhering to mature software development practices such as code reviews, readable code, unit and integration tests, git-flow, and employing CI/CD
- Strong communication skills
You might also have
- Professional experience with C# .NET, Java Spring Boot, Kafka, Postgres, Entity Framework or on-prem solutions
- Experience integrating new software development with existing enterprise services and systems
- Experience with RT3D applications, game servers or applications with real time networking requirements
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.