Backend Java Developer
As a Backend Java Developer you will collaborate with the Server team with the following tasks:
- Developing the server-side components for highly scalable and available backends for live games using technologies like Java, Redis, MySQL and NodeJS.
- Working together with the game teams to implement new features and services for mobile games.
- Customizing and tuning games to add new functionality and meet production standards.
- Deploy applications to internal and production environments.
- Perform DevOps activities for game servers.
- Accurately provide technical level-of-effort and schedule estimates on short notice and with incomplete data.
- Periodically offer round-the-clock first-line support of the production environments, as part of a rotating on-call duty
- Write robust, optimized, and maintainable code.
- Writing technical design documents, for milestones and internal use.
Are you serious about fun? Do you consistently seek out learning opportunities and aim to beat your high score? Are you open to new ideas, perspectives and cultures and believe that it takes a world to build a world? At Ubisoft, you’ll work alongside passionate and talented teams who are imagining the future of entertainment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field. Master’s degree in any of these disciplines is a Plus.
- Excellent Java programming skills
- +2 years of solid and proven experience with server-side Java, including POJO’s, concurrency handling, and distributed systems.
- Strong Object-Oriented skills preferred.
- Proven experience in server deployment and development using Java.
- Database knowledge, preferably with relational and non-relational databases.
- Knowledge of standard software engineering and quality assurance practices with a SOLID approach.
- Git mastering, and Gitlow best practices are a must.
- Be a team player: we use agile development methods, where the team members are in permanent contact. Open mind and good communication skills are a must.
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits. Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change. Work without direct supervision.
- Genuine interest in games, especially mobile gaming.
- Have a good command of English.
- Have a work permit for Spain obtained prior to applying for the position is a must.
- Knowledge of social networks and app stores programming.
- Knowledge of Java EE environment, EJB, CDI and gradle.
- Hands-on production experience with container systems like Docker and container orchestration like EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc.
- Scalable systems design.
- Experience with Linux shell and scripting languages.
- Experience with Cloud computing, Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Spanish or Catalan is a plus.
YOUR LIFE AT UBISOFT BARCELONA MOBILE (and PERKS)
- 25 vacation days per year + 1 day off in your Ubi-Birthday
- Flexible working hours & Working from Home hybrid policy
- Special benefits for future parents (paid absences, WFH special policy...)
- Reduced schedule: Easter, Sant Jordi, Sant Joan, July, August, and Christmas.
- Flexible compensation
- Ticket Restaurant
- Mobile device grant based on seniority
- Cigna private Health insurance & AXA Life insurance
- Physiotherapist special rates
- Professional development programs and tickets to international events
- English, Spanish and French free lessons in the studio and online
- Great discounts in our games
- Gym special rates and discounts in other services
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit, and other beverages
- Company parties, events, and Friday’s beers
- Relocation Package (when needed)
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender sexual orientation, age or disability status.