Backend Software Engineer
We are building web services to enrich games created by CD Projekt RED with online experience. Help us bring gamers together!We work hand in hand with the game developers to add new interesting ways to engage players. As a Backend Software Engineer you will be working on desiging, creating and adding new features to our existing services. You will be using modern technologies in a cloud environment, employing agile methodologies to iterate quickly on designs to find the best solutions providing features that will be used by millions of gamers all over the world.
- Developing and maintaining highly available, scalable web services for millions of gamers around the world.
- Working on new projects, from conception to deployment in the production environment.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using the best software development practices.
- Sharing your knowledge with other team members and supporting them in solving complex challenges.
- Staying abreast of best trends by researching new tools, as well as enhancing and further developing existing solutions.
- 2+ years’ experience in software engineering (mid).
- 4+ years’ experience in software engineering (senior).
- Programming in Java, at least version 11.
- Experience with a popular open-source web framework (Spring Boot, Quarkus etc).
- Expertise in handling SQL databases and query/table optimisations.
- Experience with ORM technologies (eg. Hibernate).
- Knowledge of dependency management tools (Maven, Gradle).
- Experience in source control systems and deployment processes
- (git, git-flow, CI).
- Applying best security practices.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Using modern software development techniques in daily work (DDD, Clean Code).
- Understanding the importance of software testing and applying it in the software development process.
- An overwhelming desire to code the best web services on the Internet.
- For the senior position, also: mastery in Java, at least version 11, experience in the development of scalable and highly available web services, strong understanding of the best security practices.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with containerization solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm).
- Experience with asynchronous communication (messaging queues).
- Experience with any of the following languages: Go, Rust, C++, C#.
- Experience with: cloud-based scalable solutions, microservice architecture, high availability/high-performance databases, NoSQL databases, Java 13 and newer, Quarkus web application framework, Infrastructure as a Service.
For this role you can choose between a remote-first or office-first working mode.
- Office-First: working primarily from the Warsaw, Wroclaw, or Cracow studio for a minimum of 10 days per month.
- Remote-First: working from home, or from any location that is within 3 hours of the GMT+2 time zone.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world
Head office in Warsaw
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.