BizDev Manager - PDS Black
Are you a passionate and creative manager, with a strong product focus and a talent for converting business intelligence into actionable improvements for our game?
PDS Black - home of Crusader Kings - is looking for a BizDev Manager to help build our studio towards continued success, and if you like to balance action-oriented operations with long term strategic initiatives then this might just be for you.
About the Role
As our BizDev Manager you will be responsible for creating, collaborating on, driving and executing plans, to ensure we can build a stable and profitable studio both short term and long term. You bring a holistic view of the brand across all studios, and work closely with Studio Manager, Game Director and Product Group to realise the full potential of the games we make from a product perspective.
You will manage and coach a team of Producers, QA Lead and QA Testers, helping both this team but also the studio at large to develop a wider product perspective.
You will have insights into various Commercial aspects of the product(s), understand the competition and work analytically to assess player trends and prospective market opportunities.
This role covers a broad range of product focused areas and requires the ability to work both on an operational & strategic level, it’s a key role in the PDS Black studio leadership team and an important link between the company’s main goals: Making & Selling games.
In this role you will…
- Manage and coach a team of Producers, QA Lead & QA Testers
- Work together with the Studio Manager & Game Director to help create the Studio Business Plan and product roadmap
- Initiate and drive strategic product initiatives related to making the game, coordinating with stakeholders internally and externally
- Set up data models to help inform various revenue scenarios, based on internal and external studio capacity
- Analyze market trends, player behaviors and general product insights to provide suggestions on how to improve studio business prospects and maximize ROI
- Liaise with Community around player ‘wants, needs & expectations’ to help identify opportunities via the player base
You will be working with…
The BizDev Manager reports directly to the Studio Manager - while also maintaining good communication at different levels, both inside & outside the studio, ie: Game Director, Production Team, Studio Leadership, Product Group, external studios, partners & vendors.
We think that you might have…
- Experience from Product Management as well as managing other people
- Experience in working with product costs & revenues
- A business intelligence mindset
- Familiarity with grand strategy games & it’s players in general (PDS games in particular) will be highly advantageous
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.