Blizzard Franchise Lead, APAC
Job Title:Blizzard Franchise Lead, APAC
As Director APAC Blizzard Franchises you will be responsible for elevating the strategic intent of our executions in APAC by coordinating efforts across our shared service model in APAC and serving as a conduit between our teams in APAC and Blizzard HQ so that both teams can achieve their goals efficiently. This role will be critical in ensuring that APAC is represented appropriately and has a voice at the table across key franchises and that information is disseminated appropriately across APAC. This role will be accountable to HQ for the franchises in APAC and will work to ensure that key opportunities and risks across the region are shared with HQ teams and that prioritization across key markets is maintained. This role requires someone with a strong strategic sense, analytical thinking, strong communication and influencing skills, as well as a passion for solving complex problem in collaboration with multiple stakeholders across territories and functions.
- Strategic pillar development across APAC including market prioritization
- Governance of the VSM process including bottoms up builds that are in line with HQ guardrails
- Coordination of overall GTM plan inputs and key beat submissions to HQ
- Elevating risks and opportunities to relevant teams in HQ and facilitating problem solving between SME’s in the region and at HQ
- Develop review materials for Blizzard ELT
- Main relationship person and key point of contact for HQ Blizzard publishing on all APAC related requests, tasks and working groups
- Routinely share information with APAC on behalf of HQ Blizzard publishing and ensure APAC has visibility into content
- Work with HQ Blizzard publishing to stretch thinking beyond immediate 6-month horizon and understand APAC priorities and opportunity areas
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in publishing, marketing, product management or strategic planning with a minimum of 5 years’ working in the video game, media, tech or Internet industry.
- Skilled at project management, to proactively bring initiatives and deliverables to completion and resolve obstacles effectively and with a sense of urgency by yourself.
- Experience working in a regional capacity across multiple markets; experience working in a multicultural environment and managing remote teams.
- Passion for data and consumer insight driven decision making.
- Passion for games, particularly Activision and Blizzard games.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English; ability to credibly and clearly articulate a vision or complex idea.
- Ability to influence and collaborate effectively across functions and regions, from manager to C-levels in a matrix organization.
- Knowledge of game development process and associated tools and technologies so that barriers for play are resolved across the diverse region.
- Ability to build a leadership reputation immediately based on expertise, influencing and communication.
- Attention to detail is essential, as is completing all tasks with the highest level of quality.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We’re proud to be included as one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®” for five consecutive years and for having received a perfect score on the 2019 Corporate Equality Index released by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the nation’s largest LGBTQ civil rights organization. We've earned a spot on FORTUNE’s "World’s Best Employers," “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists, in addition to, being ranked one of Fast Company's World’s Most Innovative Companies in Gaming for three years in a row. Our global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.