Business Analyst Co-Op/ Intern - 163704
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Business Analyst Co-op
This role will support IT initiatives for business unit’s roadmaps focus on Human Resources, Legal and Global Real Estate portfolio. Through direct interaction with stakeholders and internal business partners, the person will help support IT alignment with the team's goals and business needs. They will also play a role in defining business requirements and work alongside development teams for the successful execution of IT portfolio projects.
The person should have strong communication skills with the ability to help translate the business needs into IT results. Strong problem-solving abilities to identify potential issues and drive the team to solutions. The person should possess the desire to tackle additional responsibilities and learn a variety of business models or processes, such as IT project governance and data analysis. The person should have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Facilitate and document business requirements in order to align business demand with IT understanding.
- Coordination with business users, subject matter experts and developers required.
- Develop business acumen to accurately lead business requirements, build use cases, storyboarding and testing scenarios.
- Analyze system and business data to align with project requirements and functional documentation.
- Assist in execution of project life cycle, including as-is and to be analysis, scope definition, process improvement and testing in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Assist with problem solving and issue resolution – including partner concern and prioritizations.
- Agile and story boarding understanding. Help support project management and artifacts to completion to ensure project compliance.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge in MS Project and Visio a plus
In 3rd or 4th year of college preferred
Requisition Number: 163704
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Student/ Intern/ Temp
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.