Business Development Coordinator
Job Title:Business Development Coordinator
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Activision Blizzard is seeking a Business Development Coordinator to assist the Business Development team in supporting our internal studios and teams across Activision and Blizzard through the building and maintaining of partnerships with AAA external developers, tech, and art studios. The Business Development Coordinator will work closely with the Business Development Team, Production Services Groups, Corporate Strategy, Global Information Services, and our internal studios to ensure the proper onboarding of external partners and technology. We are looking for someone with a passion for gaming along with a drive for professional development.
The Business Development Coordinator will gain insight into our AAA game production processes and play a key role in facilitating those processes to provide our teams with the support needed to excel. The role of Business Development Coordinator requires an individual to be an excellent and persuasive communicator, capable of dealing with a wide variety of internal and external partners, and able to juggle multiple tasks at once. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and willing to take on any challenge that will help the team. The Business Development Coordinator must thrive in a challenging and ambiguous environment, take direction well, and be calm under pressure.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Capturing meetings notes and action items
- Managing contracts and invoices through internal pipelines
- Updating tracking documentation for contracts and invoices
- Working with Finance and Project Management Groups to ensure proper and accurate reporting of external costs with each of our vendors
- Organizing new opportunity playtests and manage evaluation committee communications
- Finding opportunities to help the Business Development team support our internal studio and project needs
- Up to 2 years of experience in game, film, or technology development
- Deep understanding of the gaming industry and Activision Blizzard IP
- General understanding of project management fundamentals (e.g. scheduling, tracking, reporting)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Nice to have:
- Experience with a variety of project management tools and CRM databases (i.e., JIRA, Confluence, Shotgun, Hubspot)
- Understanding of time-and-materials and fixed-cost legal agreements
- Knowledge of specific project management methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, etc.
- Active video game player across a variety of genres and platforms
- Proficient in Russian, Mandarin and/or Japanese; both written and verbal
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.