We are looking for a Business Development Manager (or Business Development and Partnerships Manager II as it's known internally) to shape new opportunities and support our partnering efforts across Riot's European and MENA esport business. You will be experienced in sourcing, negotiating, structuring and executing commercial approaches and contracts within sports, esports and other related industries.
You will be a part of the Berlin-based Business Development and work closely with a broad range of Riot functions. You will be part of the business development team focusing on League of Legends.
- Understand Riot's strategic goals then identify, recommend and pursue relevant sponsorship deals with strategic platforms and brands (B2B) that can best support and further those goals
- Work with the business development leadership to identify and lead sponsorship opportunities – including research, evaluation, recommendation, modeling, deal negotiations, and post-deal integration
- Work with product, broadcast, publishing, Riot operations and platform teams in the evaluation and execution of sponsorship deals
- Guide and help create product designs for upcoming campaigns and sponsor activations
- Build Riot's network of partners that can increase incremental and material revenue and player value
- Develop presentation materials for Riot's executive team and the board
- Monitor performance of past deals to inform product and platform partnership strategy
- Capture and implement process improvements to support the effectiveness of the BD Department
- 3+ years in business development or management consulting in sports, esports or entertainment
- Creative, strategic, quantitative mindset experiences in past roles
- Experience working across teams to align leaders and promote action
- Experience with the EMEA (Europe, Turkey, Russia, CIS and MENA) market
- Experienced in networking with contacts across agencies and major consumer brands within the region, and track record of building sponsorship approaches
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Master of Business Administration Degree
- Experience with PC and Mobile esports ecosystems
- Experience with deal valuation and financial modeling
- Good knowledge of the Riot Games esports scene
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
- Travel allowance
- Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!