Business Development - Sponsorships Manager (Contract)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As the Business Development - Esports Sponsorships Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to Riot’s Commercial Partnerships Ecosystem, identifying strategic partners to improve fan and player engagement. With a strong understanding of Riot, you will support the business development cycle from prospecting, qualifying leads, closing deals, and generating revenue to support Riot’s Business Development ecosystem.
Your network, entrepreneurialism, business development skills, operational excellence and passion for Riot Games will help you to establish new standards. You will help negotiate, structure and execute commercial agreements and contracts with key partners to unlock fandom. To create holistic, outstanding experiences for players, fans and partners, you will partner with different stakeholders and teams from our local teams of publishing, entertainment, production, broadcast, league management and operations, to the Global Business Development and Partnerships team in Los Angeles.
Based in Singapore, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games APAC is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Deliver esports sponsorship targets across new businesses.
- Explore and assess new business categories and markets, then build external partner relationships and generate new esports sponsorship opportunities quickly that deliver on the KIPs of both Riot and the partner but also delight our players.
- Develop a complete understanding of Riot’s APAC esports offering and future capabilities.
- Track opportunities using our CRM tool.
- Demonstrated experience structuring & closing high-growth sales in gaming, sports, esports, media, or entertainment.
- Experience building and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- You are numbers-oriented and know how to structure deals and create valuation frameworks.
- Creative deal-making experience.
- A self-starter who can handle multiple projects with high levels of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- A personal network of brand partners across APAC.
- Expertise in structuring deals and valuation frameworks.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience.
- Passion for video games, and knowledge of esports and media marketplace.
- Fluent in both English and a foreign language.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.