Business Intelligence Analyst III (Social + Brand)
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Business Intelligence Analyst III (Social and Brand)
- Job Summary: The business intelligence analyst will drive change for the marketing organization through influence of analytics and data insight capabilities within The Pokémon Company International. This position will be primarily responsible to deliver against marketing analytics roadmaps and deliver recommendations across marketing teams (Social and Brand Teams). This role will function as an analytic SME for the Social and Brand stakeholders and act as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights, support, and optimization on social campaigns on our social platforms and brand campaigns. In addition, this position will assist with the data strategy and measurement optimization for our brand and social marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, be self-directed, collaborative, drive accountability and have a keen ability to analyze data to identify and communicate patterns.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Own all parts of the analytics analysis from design, development, analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing data findings to our Brand and Social Teams
- Identify valuable patterns and insight across Social campaigns to drive impact on improvements for the marketing organization
- Identify valuable insight about our Brand and how to grow our brand through marketing.
- Drive recommendation and optimization solutions for automating data collection on marketing platforms and products
- Analyze data using statistics and other methodologies to solve business problems such as A/B testing recommendations
- Become an analytic SME for high value and high impact projects to represent BI interests
- Own and deliver the BI roadmap for each workstream for marketing pillars
- Integrate relevant information and disparate data sources in developing analysis, insights, and recommendations
- Effectively scope, size, and plan the development of analytical solutions and set expectations accordingly
- Create dashboards and visualizations to track key performance indicators and effectively communicate trends
- Work with marketing leadership to identify marketing goals, KPI and data strategy
- Provide support for marketing product launch's from analytics perspective
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of data engineer, data analytics, marketing analytics or related analytics field.
- Bachelors degree required.
- 3+ years or more providing analytics in the marketing space
- Experience with data visualization through Looker, Tableau or similar tools
- Expert user of SQL for data analysis
- Experience in market surveys or social campaign analysis a plus
- Excellent statistics background and ability to explain analytical methodologies to simply and thoroughly
- Ability to work and communicate across multiple marketing teams and marketing domains
- Experience in marketing optimizations methodologies like A/B testing a plus
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $102,000.00 - $152,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.