Business Intelligence Analyst
Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join the finance team at our studio based in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will work in close collaboration with multiple departments across the studio to deliver comprehensive analysis and insights that will help in data driven decision making.
You’ll need to be familiar with the video games industry to help CA understand its position within the industry and spot opportunities that would help us grow. You will be our go to person for all revenue forecasting, mainly for upcoming games, which in turn will be used in building our P&Ls and to advise the business on the profitability of each game.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role can be offered as hybrid, in-studio and fully remote within country of employment. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
In this role, your primary responsibility is to create revenue forecasts and improve the forecasting process. You will be responsible for day-to-day collaboration between CA and its parent company (SEGA) and making sure that all stakeholders are on board with forecast submissions. You will make presentations to stakeholders on key product updates and commercial opportunities.
Working closely with the other members of the Business Intelligence department, you will not only learn the current forecasting process, but you will also help develop new processes including, for example, subscription modelling.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Undertake data exploration and analysis and draw business insights that add real value to the business
- Work with stakeholders to help answer key business questions, this will include ad-hoc analysis to support decision making
- Analyse historical data, market trends and predictors of future title performance
- Aid in the creation of models that forecast the financial performance of game titles
- Assist with scenario modeling that explores the impact of pricing proposals, release date changes, and promotional and commercial opportunities.
- Experience in a large a large corporate environment and able to work independently
- Strong understanding of user/player concepts and metrics (MAU, DAU, ARPU) and how to determine and forecast these from existing data
- Experience in revenue forecasting – advanced understanding of building accurate forecasts, the ability to identify quality data and apply necessary patterns and adjustments to the current need
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks efficiently
- Advanced Excel modelling skills with experience of managing large and complex data sets
- Inquiring, analytical, process-oriented in person, keen to seek out new information and advise where positive strategic change could take place
- Excellent collaboration, communication and influencing skills with experience in presenting to all levels (PowerPoint needed).
- Experience with Live Products, working on live services and SaaS forecasting or any other subscription-based experience
- Familiarity with financial reporting concepts such as P&Ls, capitalisation, and amortisation etc
- Good understanding of video games and key video game concepts (free to play, downloadable content, micro transactions etc.)
- Experience of data visualisation packages such as Power BI
- Experience in designing and delivering high-quality financial analysis.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.