The Business Operations Associate (Art Approval) will focus on upholding the vision and standards of the Pokémon brand. This position will review character art assets in various mediums while ensuring an accurate representation of the brand and maintaining the highest level of quality possible. The position will also require working with wide range of internal teams to support various Pokémon European business as well as contributing to globally coordinated projects. This is a 12-month Fixed-Term Contract (Maternity Cover).
What You Will Do:
- Conduct reviews of character art assets against internal references to ensure an accurate representation of the brand.
- Manage correspondence between various international offices for projects, as assigned.
- Adhere to deadlines related to ongoing projects and keep stakeholders informed of progress toward goals.
- Maintain and update internal database and guideline, as required.
- Provide project support together with Manager for London Operations mainly for marketing project, as assigned.
- Translate various documents to English or Japanese, as required, and disseminate information, as needed.
- Other duties including liaising with Tokyo and Seattle office, as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
- Self-starter, with strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities, while delivering on high-quality results and follow through.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Japanese speaking and writing ability at a native level is required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communicator, with an ability to convey information in a clear and courteous manner appropriate for the audience (individual contributor to executive level).
- 2-4 years working in product approvals, brand management, or design roles is preferred.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organisations, as well as externally with 3rd You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and demonstrate high attention to detail.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to various stakeholders. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow-through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together.
What to Expect:
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Candidates will either need the right to work in the UK or dependent on the job role the company may be able to arrange a work visa.