Business Process Improvement Manager (148181)
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The Business Process Improvement Manager will conduct project management activities and Lean Six Sigma training and mentoring to support Global Operations initiatives. This person will ensure that projects are conducted in accordance with best practice PMO concepts and methodologies. Further responsible for contributing to positive change, innovation, and driving cutting edge improvements to processes and procedures through the PM team.
The ideal candidate will be a high energy individual with a bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a technical field. Also, this person will have demonstrated experience of progressively increasing Lean Six Sigma and PMO responsibilities. A PMP certification and/or LSS belt certification is preferred for this role.
- Manage projects
- Demonstrated success of working across functional organizations, driving teams in the creation of project strategies and plans
- Ability to network, build relationships and drive effective decision-making across multiple functions and levels within the organization
- Customer focused and solution-oriented mindset approach to leading work with PMO leadership, project sponsors and stakeholders to develop solutions and project plans that deliver against objectives
- ISO certification program expertise (nice to have)
- Proactively drive risk mitigation, governance, and compliance
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skill
- Advocate for team tools and other resources.
- Implementation of PMO phased approach across the Global Operations projects.
- Implementation of Lean Six Sigma methodologies across Global Operations projects.
- Collaborate with team members to improve cross-functional, multi-level organizational hierarchy project participation.
- Management and evaluation of project financial and revenue impacts/returns and meet stated ROI.
- Individual hands-on management of select projects.
- Structure and execute complex analysis, draw insights, and communicate summary findings/recommendations to senior management both project and organizational.
- Return on Investment achievement across managed projects
- Risk mitigation and management
- Project key milestone achievement
- Organizational efficiency and innovation as indicated by improvements in project volume/success
Requisition Number: 148181
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Corporate Development
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.