ERP Business Systems Analyst
Summary of The Role
The Pokémon Company International (TPCi), a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Our Business Systems Analysts have a passion to streamline business processes using technology. This is a hands-on role that is a mix of project management, application administration, light coding/configuration, business analysis, and production support. Grit, natural curiosity, and the ability to handle a variety of tasks concurrently are key to being successful in this role.
You will join the People Program on the IT Business Applications Team to implement and provide support for applications that support People (HCM, Diversity Equity and Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility, HR Systems and insights, Talent Management). You will maintain a comprehensive understanding of current and future needs for your stakeholders and harmonize needs with the technology that supports them. You will also serve as a subject matter expert for cross-functional projects and upstream/downstream systems. Your first primary assignment will be to aid in software selection and implementation of a new HCM solution.
What You Will Do
- Proactively ensures systems that support your end users are reliable, adopted, remain relevant and seamlessly support evolving business processes. This includes sourcing, configuring, implementing, maintaining, upgrading, integrating, training and monitoring applications.
- Conduct a variety of workshops such as: Joint Application Development, Design Thinking, Requirements Gathering, Mind Mapping, Value Stream Mapping, etc.
- Able to work independently or with a small team of internal & external to design, configure, implement, maintain, enhance business applications and business processes.
- Perform discovery gap analyses, process design, requirements gathering, Source to Target Mapping and Data Analysis; data cleansing and data migration activities.
- Author many types of documentation including: business process flow diagrams; system context diagrams; value stream mapping; user stories; end to end test scenarios; knowledge base articles; training materials.
- Collaborate effectively and efficiently with developers, stakeholders and leaders during various stages of development including: designing, configuration/coding, testing, deploying, maintaining.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for cross-functional projects and upstream/downstream systems.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement contribute to the improvement of quality and cost.
- Work independently to drive time, scope and budget, testing, implementation, risk and change management.
- Other tasks as necessary
What You Will Bring
- 3+ years relevant experience administering an HCM solution such as SAP Successfactors, Oracle HCM Cloud, or Workday.
- Demonstrated experience implementing HCM systems, globally preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of core HCM subject areas such as: core, payroll, tax, benefits, compensation, performance, workforce administration, people analytics, etc.
- Familiarity with integrations between HCM and other enterprise applications preferred
- Experience with Agile/iterative development methodologies and tools (Jira, Jira Service Desk) preferred
- Familiarity with other business systems such as: Greenhouse, Benevity, ThrivePass, Navia, Fidelity, ADP, UiPath, low-code application platforms.
- Familiarity with programming languages and concepts.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders and vendors in disparate time zones.
How You Will Be Successful
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to author and translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.