Ubisoft Connect is the ecosystem of players services for Ubisoft games across all platforms. It aims at giving the best environment for all players to enjoy their games and connect with each other whatever the device.
You will be involved in the development of features and components throughout the full spectrum of technology in the server infrastructure. You will be using a variety of technologies and programming languages, including but not limited to C++, Python and web technologies.
You will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of programmers, designers and testers where everyone is willing to share their knowledge and are encouraged to evolve every day. The team spans across several countries and is characterized by passion, collaboration and the love for gaming.
You will also have the option to visit and work from collaborating studios.
What you will do:
As part of the team, you will develop, design and deploy distributed backend services that power our desktop client and Ubisoft’s PC titles with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability. You will be using a wide spectrum of technologies ranging from Protocol Buffers, REST APIs, MySQL and Cassandra databases.
- Writing clear, modular and maintainable code.
- Work on the server backend of Ubisoft Connect. This covers topics such as: game data distribution, network architecture, database management, game related data management, server monitoring, API integrations.
- Be part of an agile team and do the technical design and implementation/improvements of new features.
- Building highly scalable services with low latency.
- Testing, debugging, profiling and maintaining existing code.
- 3+ years professional programming experience
- Confident in C++
- Knowledge in at least one of following:
Nice to have:
- Protocol Buffers
- Network Security
- Relocation Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.