C++ Engineer Co-Op (FC)
Electronic Arts is looking for first, second, and third year students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2023 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
For this role, we are looking for someone to join one of our core development team – Online or Systems.
Innovation, passion, and teamwork is at the heart of everything we do. We are excited to move forward onto a new adventure and make EA Sports FC even bigger! The FC Systems team are looking for someone passionate about football/soccer who is looking to work in a supportive and challenging environment.
You will work with Producers, Development Directors and Technical Leads to support the development of bug fixes, game changes, and new features into the game across different modes. You will report to a senior engineer or a development director.
Responsibilities: You will write specific or multi-purpose code for areas such as:
- Core Engine -- memory and performance optimization on computer hardware.
- Tools and Libraries -- software performance analysis systems, database systems, and general purpose game development libraries.
- Collaborating with other teams and domains on solutions
- Working to complete aB.Sc. in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrates problem solving and debugging skills.
- Passion for the craft of programming and demonstrable development experience.
- Experience in C++
- Online - Using Remote Procedure Calls (RPC), REST APIs, asynchronous programming and client-server interactions.
- Familiarity with the game development industry and console development.
- Experience using project tools (e.g. JIRA) and an SCM system (e.g. Perforce, GitHub).
- Experience with another programming language(s) (Python, C#, Java) and/or platforms (tablets, game console) is a major plus.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, TCP/UDP network debugging and database basics.