C++ Engineer (FIFA, 12 Month Contract)
FIFA is hiring various 12 month contracts for February for multiple teams. The teams that are hiring are FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT), FIFA Gen 4/5 Team, FIFA Online. If you have a preference for one of these teams, please have it listed on your resume.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile. Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. On the FIFA Team we work on numerous title updates to bring thousands of new changes to our users. You will work with Producers, Development Directors and Technical Leads to lead the development of bug fixes, game changes, and new features into the game across all different modes of FIFA. You will report to a senior engineer or a development director.
Responsibilities: You will write specific or multi-purpose code for areas such as:
- Game Mechanics -- Gameplay, AI, player control, animation systems, physics, and scripting systems.
- Core Engine -- Graphical rendering, networking, user interface, memory and performance optimization on computer hardware.
- Tools and Libraries -- World editors, video and audio tools, software performance analysis systems, database systems, and general purpose game development libraries.
- You've completed a B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field.
- Working knowledge of C++
- Working knowledge in Python and its common libraries like numpy, pandas, scikit-learn (if interested in FIFA Online team)
- Experience with common ML frameworks like PyTorch, TensorFlow (if interested in FIFA Online team)
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Knowledge of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Knowledge of how to use a debugger.
- Experience with another programming language(s) (C#, Java) and platforms (tablets, game console) is a major plus.
- Knowledge of HTTP communication and RESTful services.
- Knowledge of source code management: CVS, Subversion, Git or Perforce.