C++ Senior Physics Software Engineer - Frostbite
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Frostbite in Guildford is a growing team that plays a critical role in the engine that EA has developed to empower game makers in the company. We focus on building a world-class cross-platform physics engine and features that directly drive innovation in EA's franchises such as FIFA, Dragon Age, and Battlefield. This is developed using an internal Open Source model that invites our best engineers to contribute.
We are looking for passionate, motivated, and talented Software Engineers to join our high caliber team in Frostbite UK. You will enable you to grow your experience and skills as well as the opportunity to travel to other EA locations and work directly with studios around the globe.
What a Software Engineer does at Frostbite Physics
- Collaborate on the continued development of our physics technology, with a particular focus on rigid body simulation, including constraints, contacts, collisions, and queries.
- Develop tools, workflows and debugging interfaces to empower game teams to make the most of the physics technology.
- Execute on all aspects of software engineering including optimization, testing, debugging, documentation, and outreach on company-wide channels and conferences.
- Work closely with the game teams to understand their needs and deliver on their features and requirements.
- Build up engineering skills, physics authoring workflows and simulation knowledge with experienced team members.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with C++ programming
- Experience with using or developing a physics solver
- Experience with optimizations, profiling, multithreading
Desirable skills (one or more is helpful)
- Experience with numerical methods and mathematics.
- A background in real-time / time-critical systems & multiple hardware platforms – preferably game platform hardware.
- Experience developing games, modding or demoscene either solo or as part of a team.
- Experience delivering APIs and workflows at an enterprise-level to empower game makers.
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) project management and software development methodology.
Please note that the nature of our business may require that certain aspects of this job description may be subject to modification and change during your period of employment.
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford