Call of Duty Mobile Marketing Manager
Job Title:Call of Duty Mobile Marketing Manager
Job Title: Call of Duty Mobile Marketing Manager
Reporting To: Director, Call of Duty Product Management, EMEA
Department: CoD Franchise Team
Location: Office based (Soho, London) & hybrid work from home
Activision Blizzard plays a centralised role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
This role is offered on a hybrid-working basis, meaning there will be a split of being based at our UK office in Soho, London and also work from home.
Our office in London has free food and drink and an on-site gym! It's based in the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and phenomenal restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently just walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
Lead the development of Call of Duty Mobile in EMEA
As CoDM Marketing Manager you'll be a leading point of contact and influence with the Global US Product teams and key internal and external partners. The position will support the development of EMEA specific marketing plans looking at opportunities to expand share and monetization in both mature and developing countries. In addition, the role will assist the team on mobile to uncover opportunities across the region and drive commercial partnership opportunities with leading telecoms operators in EMEA.
In a company that serves and engages millions of players across EMEA, you will contribute to building the most sophisticated data-driven and player-centric marketing practices, and to reinventing communication with players by extending their epic entertainment experience with us beyond our games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Lead and develop an EMEA specific Call of Duty Mobile plan in conjunction with the product and marketing leads in global HQ, driving daily active users (DAUs) and revenue
- Work closely with insight and marketing teams to drive real time reporting showing trends and opportunities across User Acquisition, DAUs, Monetisation and churn
- Develop and lead the integrated Seasons planning process and handle the calendar of outputs including briefs, ideation, and delivery as well as identifying EMEA content opportunities that can be integrated into the global plan
- Ensure that budget management is clear, well tracked, and in line with potential areas of opportunity on a territory basis
- Work cross functionally globally and regionally across Brand, Product, PR, Digital / social, Creative Services, Marketing Technology, and Finance teams to ensure effective planning and execution – especially on making asks to management teams in HQ.
- Participate in commercial business development partnerships with leading telecom’s companies in EMEA across the ABK slate and work with our Global Mobile 1st party team in maintaining relationships with iOS and Android in region and ensure that we are improving our marketing with 1st parties across all channels – this would include understanding User Acquisition and churn reduction
This is a Manager level position where you will thrive on a can-do mentality, not afraid to get completely involved in a working environment that will empower you to build new ideas and encourage you to think creatively all whilst sharing in some great company benefits and initiatives. In addition, you will have:
- A Degree level Education (preferred) or relevant to the experience required for the role.
- Previous brand management experience with a history of growing responsibility and expanding leadership positions, leading a high-profile entertainment or lifestyle brand
- Experience of managing key commercial/partner relationships
- Ability to lead central marketing activations across the EMEA region/globally
- Able to communicate effectively and collaboratively, including strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Passion for marketing and creativity is vital.
- Organised, with strong attention to detail, seeking to deliver all tasks to the highest standard.
- Able to manipulate data from various sources to prepare reports, modelling, forecasting and franchise performance updates. MS Office Experience is crucial.
- You'll be a confident, proactive and approachable personality that oozes team spirit with the added extra of being a go-getter, ambitious and tenacious in nature who can work autonomously when required all with a great sense of humour.
- A personal passion for games (PC, mobile, console) / online entertainment services or web user experience, ideally with working knowledge of the gaming industry (publishers / trends / media / influencers).
About Activision Blizzard
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience happiness, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating diversity is at the core of our culture and ensures we can build games for players of a diverse set of backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an outstanding track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™.
Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as advised by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.