Capture Production Development, Lead
Electronic Arts is an innovative video game company that creates incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. What matters the most is our people, they inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Create Capture is a highly engaged content creation team within EA. For over 25 years our innovation, passion, and development in performance, volumetric and character scanning has created excellent content and user experiences for many of EA's AAA franchises.
Create Capture is full of pioneers and creatives who are passionate about their craft and committed to overcome any challenge. Teamwork and Quality are a part of the department's core values.
Create Capture is a distributed team with bases in Vancouver, Los Angeles and Orlando. We are looking for someone to help us continue growing our support and guiding our innovations to further video game animation and 3D characters.
Reporting to Capture's business leader, this Development Director (Team lead) manages a team of production professionals; guide their excellence and quality of work, service efficiency, and innovations. You will guide and align development goals, develop and implement project strategies, and communicate matters impacting production and business plans.
As a Development Director with Capture, you will need experience with live performance, all phases of production (animation, character and cinematic) pipelines, great with change management, building relationships, and cares about delivering the highest quality product and experience to our partners.
You will be successful in this role if:
- You have min 8+ years of project management and team leadership experience
- You've experience in the entertainment industry (Film, TV VFX) or video games.
- You can challenge a variety of partners across multiple departments.
- You have a quality mindset, that is improving our delivery through retrospectives
- You promote a creative and supportive environment where people can flourish
- You grow people, applying resources across projects
- You build relationships with peers and partners, with collaboration to accomplish our goals
- Provide a solution-based approach to overcome complex challenges
- You create project plans that align the team with organizational needs
- You are focused on the success criteria and managing dependencies that span different development teams
- You are delivery-focused and know how to move things forward
- You are comfortable creating and initiate production strategies
- You have a performance history of delivering with impact to an organization
- You can collaborate across the organization at all levels
- Education requirement: Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience