Character Art Intern
Character Art Intern
Electronic Arts is looking for students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2024 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of The Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be.
- You will create detailed and believable 3D character models and textures for in-game use, under the guidance of your mentor and art lead.
- You will lead the 3D creation of characters working in close partnership with other departments such as Concept, Art Direction, Design, Animation, Tech Anim, and Narrative.
- You will learn and follow the technical standards for the Character Art pipeline.
- You will follow the direction of art leads. Collaborate with other departments such as animation and game design to make sure artwork fits within vision for gameplay and final execution.
- You will help create character and costume concepts.
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree granting program in a related field
- Experienced in using Maya (or equivalent), zBrush and Substance Painter
- Proficient in both organic and hard surface modeling
- Experienced in creating clean texture bakes
- Experience with texture painting and efficient UV unwrapping.
- Experience with a 3D modeling pipeline
You must be available for a full-time paid internship in the summer of 2024. We are only considering students who will be enrolled in an accredited degree program in the summer of 2024, slated to graduate no earlier than December 2024. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $19 - $48
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $17 - $23
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $22 - $48
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $19 - $42
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $22 - $48
The hourly pay is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including 80 hours per year of sick time (prorated based on scheduled hours per week if less than full-time), 16 paid company holidays per year, medical insurance, and 401(k). Interns in California are also eligible for Voluntary Disability Insurance.