Character Art Pathfinder (Star Wars Jedi: Survivor)
Electronic Arts is looking for high performing students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2023 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for a Character Art Pathfinder to join the Star Wars Jedi team. We are only considering students who will be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in the summer of 2023 and are slated to graduate in 2025 or 2026.
What You’ll Do…
- Create detailed and believable 3D character models and textures for in-game use, under the guidance of your mentor and art lead.
- Own the 3d creation of characters working in close cross-functional partnership with other departments such as Concept, Art Direction, Design, Animation, Tech Anim, and Narrative.
- Learn and follow the technical requirements and standards for the Character Art pipeline.
- Follow the direction of art leads. Collaborate with other departments such as animation and game design to make sure artwork fits within vision for gameplay and final execution.
- Assist in creation of character and costume concepts.
- Currently enrolled in a college, university degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Graduation date must be set for 2025 or 2026
- Experienced in using Maya (or equivalent), zBrush and Substance Painter
- Proficient in both organic and hard surface modeling
- Good understanding of human anatomy
- Experienced in creating clean texture bakes
- Experience with PBR materials/texturing and efficient UV unwrapping.
- Receptive to feedback and open to learn from peers
- Basic understanding of a 3D modeling pipeline
(Experience in Unreal Engine is a bonus)
Provide a link to an online presentation, or attach documents to your resume to showcase your work.
Please apply with as many examples of the following:
Organic sculptures of realistic humans or creatures
Hard surface modeling
Real time renders of textured characters and assets
Technical breakdowns showing low poly wire frames, UV layouts and textures.
- Respawn Internships are paid
- Intern-focused events
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, degree type (e.g. Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD), what stage you are in your degree journey (i.e. freshman, sophomore, etc.), qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $20 - $30
The hourly pay is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including 80 hours per year of sick time (prorated based on scheduled hours per week if less than full-time), 16 paid company holidays per year, medical insurance, and 401(k). Interns in California are also eligible for Voluntary Disability Insurance.