JOB TITLE: CHARACTER ARTIST
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
As a character artist, you will be working under the direct responsibility of the Lead Art and interacting closely in collaboration with the rest of the artistic and technical teams. you will work on the creation of 3D assets with goal of pushing the game's visual quality to the max.
- Create realistic/stylized 3D models and textures including characters, creatures and accessories and work efficiently and effectively within the technical constraints of production.
- Consistently refine one’s own artistic abilities and learn new software packages and in-house tools.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and technical artists to ensure art assets are working well and create a great player experience.
- Mentor and train other 3D artists.
- A Graduation / Diploma /Degree in Fine-arts/graphic-design, videogame development or equivalent training.
- 2-5 yrs. of development experience, ideally having shipped console titles as a character artist.
- Proficient knowledge of 3DSMax/Maya, Photoshop, and hand-painted textures.
- Proficient knowledge of Marvelous designer/cloth sculpting or simulation.
- Expert knowledge of ZBrush and Substance Painter.
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of game art asset pipeline.
- Familiarity with game development cycle.
- Capable of working in other art disciplines (Environment, Animation etc.) and other Engine technologies (Unreal Engine, Unity etc.).
- Good understanding of human anatomy, Topology & Joint’s functionality.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Working knowledge of Houdini.
- Good sketching and drawing skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
THE PERSONAL VALUE YOU BRING:
- Enthusiasm in learning and using new technologies and adaptability.
- Good organizational & communication skills, a good mentor for juniors, research oriented & self-driven.
- Sense of ownership and respect the planning.
- Considerable understanding of video games and broad video game culture.
- Strong technical skills and ability to write technical documentations
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and to make timely well thought decisions.
- Sense of humor, positive approach and working well within a team.
- International game projects & IP’s.
- Access to cutting-edge hardware.
- Work life balance.
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines.
- Proficient and fun to work with colleagues.