Character Artist - Rainbow Six Siege
We are currently seeking a motivated and skilled Character Artist to work on our amazing AAA project: Rainbow Six Siege. If you have a passion for videogames and want to work in a friendly and international environment, come join our team!
What you´ll do
- You will create benchmark character assets of visual and technical quality, in line with the artistic direction for the game;
- Work under the guidance of Lead artist to develop character look and feel.
- You will need to push the quality and innovation of making art for games;
- Work well with other character artists across the team, raising the proficiency level of character production across the studio working on Rainbow Six Siege.
- Raising any concerns or problems and propose effective solutions, to help develop best practices for art creation.
- Understand project limitations, milestones, risks, and work accordingly.
What you´ll bring
- Advanced knowledge of 3DSMax/Maya/Blender, Photoshop, ZBrush or Mudbox, Marvelous Designer and Substance Painter.
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement etc.)
- Strong character art focused portfolio showing 3D art skills and demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity.
- Strong high & low resolution for games modeling and texturing skills within a PBR pipeline.
- Good understanding of human anatomy and character design aesthetics.
- Ability to be receptive to art direction and constructive feedback from project art leads.
- Familiarity to integrate your models in a real time engine and overall understanding of version control software.
- Good communication skills.
Our studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! We bet that you know Barcelona, either for its amazing architecture / monuments, famous nightlife, restaurants, super weather and beaches, culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different foods, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-minded and dynamic people.
We encourage everyone to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture to develop the best AAA game and invest time in playing any type of games, if it’s together, even better!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to meet you!
What we offer
- Restaurant Tickets: 120 € per month (1440€ net/Year).
- 25 working days of holidays and the day of your birthday.
- Flexible working hours & Flexible Friday.
- Work from home (Up to 60 % in a month).
- Beneficial Price to a Health Care Insurance for you (and eventually to the members of your family).
- Beneficial Price to Sport activities and gym (app: Andjoy).
- Access to tax discounts from your public transport and kindergarten costs.
- Free Fruits and drinks in the Office.
- Breakfast on Monday in the Office.
- Free access to Ubisoft games on PC / Discounts for Ubisoft console games.
- Team Building events.
- Relocation Assistance and Visa sponsorship.
Ubisoft Barcelona as an equal opportunity employer is committed to create an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic group, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, age, marital status, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from different backgrounds.
We encourage you to provide
- CV in English (In respect of the EOE statement we don´t require personal information such as picture, home address, ID number, etc.)