As a Character Artist at Ubi Sherbrooke, you'll create people, creatures, and animals for players to interact and connect with. You’ll combine your artistic and technical talents to form the physical features that define the characters that live within our worlds.
You'll enjoy the detailed, versatile, far-from-boring character development process. To you, creating new blend shapes, good edge flow, and optimized meshes will be opportunities to push your skills. Always eager to improve, you’ll constantly be on the lookout for feedback to refine your art and build the best foundation for characters to be brought to life.
What you'll do
- Sculpt high poly characters with ZBrush, Marvelous Designer, modeling softwares.
- Rework the topology and optimize low poly model
- Work on UV packing while taking in consideration the customization features in the engine.
- Bake the different maps of the PBR workflow from high poly to low poly.
- Create PBR textures in Substance Painter.
- Integrate low poly model from 3Ds Max to the engine.
- Add details with in-engine shaders.
- Collaborate with teammates and lead to ensure delivering everything by the deadline.
What you bring
- Game industry experience with character concept design
- Game industry experience with 3D packages, preferably 3DSMax & ZBrush (AAA game experience is an asset)
- Knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement etc.)
- Solid high & low resolution modeling and texturing skills
- Experience in modeling of realistic human anatomy
- Good working knowledge of and experience with facial and hair development
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background and skills
- A demo reel with a breakdown of your best work – seriously, show us your process! Attach samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Real live people from our team will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialists Yara & Nicole. As they learn more about you through your profile, get to know them through the videos below
About Ubisoft Sherbrooke
Ubisoft Sherbrooke is a multidisciplinary team of passionate people. We are a human-sized studio where collective ambitions and interaction are the order of the day. Joining us means being part of a close-knit and welcoming family. We care about our people and our way of doing things.
Between the magnificent nature that surrounds the studio and the trendy and invigorating life of the Estrie region, there's no need to compromise - joining Ubisoft Sherbrooke also means discovering an urban-casual lifestyle! And although we are sure that you will fall in love with the region, you don't have to move here to work with us. We really embrace hybrid mode, and that's real flexibility! Coming to Ubisoft Sherbrooke is far from traveling to the end of the world to have the chance to evolve in the hyper stimulating and effervescent context of a starting studio!
We're looking for committed creators and forward-looking talents who want to take on challenges as a team. By the way, we are also working on some amazing projects including the legendary and acclaimed franchise FARCRY!
Interested? We're waiting for you!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences