Character Artist [Splinter Cell]
We’re working on a Splinter Cell remake, assembling a team with passion, drive and respect for the trifocal goggles. This is an opportunity to be part of a treasured franchise, rebuilt on Ubisoft’s Snowdrop engine to deliver next-generation visuals and modernized stealth gameplay, while preserving what's at the heart of the Splinter Cell experience.
The daily life of a Character Artist at Ubisoft Toronto:
- Create highly detailed and photorealistic 3D character models and textures for use in-game, including heads, hair, and clothing.
- Ensure characters are of the highest quality and follow proper industry standards, including efficient topology and UV’s.
- Follow the project’s artistic direction set by the Art Director/Lead Character Artist;
- Collaborate with other departments such as Concept Art, Animation, Rigging and Game Design to ensure characters fit within the title's vision.
- Prioritize and manage day-to-day tasks to ensure deliverables are completed on time, within budget, and with production constraints;
- Actively improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods
- Perform any other related tasks.
What it takes to make it:
- 2+ years proven experience working on AAA titles as a character artist
- Portfolio of realistic, highly detailed, 3D character models, with highly realistic textures (skin, hair, fabric/accessories, etc.), accurate anatomy, detailed clothing, etc.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, human anatomy, and material properties.
- Proficiency in standard art packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush and Substance Painter.
- Understanding of the character art production pipeline
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
- Ability to both work independently and on a team
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Must be proactive, team player, and constant learner.
- Strong communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with Marvelous Designer
- Experience with texture baking tools in Marmoset Toolbag.
- Experience shipping AAA titles is an asset.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
- A hybrid, flexible work model
- Six weeks of vacation
- An enhanced parental leave program
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Relocation Assistance
- Bonus (If Applicable)
Life at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our individuality helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
When you’re a member of our team, your professional development is a priority. You’ll have opportunities to be challenged, learn and grow in your role. Pushing the boundaries of what’s possible within game development while working with Ubisoft’s most powerful technologies – from game engines to performance capture and more. Annual performance reviews and salary increases will help you further your career and grow with our studio. We also offer hybrid remote work options, six weeks of vacation for all employees, an enhanced parental leave program, a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training and career development.
We celebrate the big and small moments together – with virtual events, get togethers, giveaways and more. In addition to our “right to disconnect” philosophy, the studio offers a variety of health and wellness initiatives including yoga, an on-site gym, flexible work hours, and other programs to create a better, sustainable work environment for our teams.
We encourage you to read our Code of Conduct prior to applying. It is our collective responsibility at Ubisoft Toronto to maintain a respectful and inclusive work environment, and be the best possible place to work and grow. Knowing and respecting our Code of Conduct’s principles and guidelines is key to achieving that goal.
At Ubisoft Toronto, we believe diversity is our studio’s biggest strength. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of our player community, is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team and embodies our core values – trust, integrity, excellence and care.
We encourage applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQIA+.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for?
Ubisoft Toronto is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.