Cinematic Animation Lead (Star Wars Jedi)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, Star Wars™ Jedi: Survivor, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We’re looking for an experienced Cinematic Animation Lead who will embrace our philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to help us create an incredible experience for our players.
What you’ll do…
- Reporting to the Narrative Director, lead a team of Cinematic Animators and Animation Outsourcers in crafting real-time cinematics and narrative content from the ground up.
- Lead the in-engine implementation of cinematic content and support seamless transitions between gameplay and cinematics.
- Collaborate with multiple groups including Animation, VFX, Tools, Narrative and Design.
- Help develop the Interactive Story Moment aspects of animation.
- Work in close collaboration with the Cinematic Art Lead and Layout team.
- Partner with Directors to communicate and achieve the vision for the cinematics.
- Shape the pipelines and processes required to deliver high quality real-time cinematics,
- Work with Production to plan and implement performance capture shoots including asset and data prep
- Be able to predict dependencies, production requirements, resource demands, and be able to develop strategic plans to mitigate the risks associated with them.
- Manage the feedback loop with external vendors and lead a heavily outsourced team of animators for body and facial performances.
Ideally, you will have…
- 8+ years professional experience working in cinematics and interactive narratives for games.
- Excellent people management skills and experience managing outsourcing teams.
- A knack for quick problem solving in a fast paced environment
- A strong understanding of visual storytelling
- Experience with body and facial performance capture pipelines with comprehensive on-set experience
- The ability to design a production pipeline and establish the processes, planning, and documentation required to roll that pipeline out to a team.
- Experience working with real-time game engines and their respective toolsets, Unreal and Sequencer preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Maya and MotionBuilder
- Familiarly with Shotgrid and project management software such as Jira
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $131,600 - $213,300
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $131,600 - $213,300
- Jersey City, NJ:
º $154,800 - $213,300
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $131,600 - $179,600
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $131,600 - $195,200
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.