Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Cinematic Animator to join our Cinematic Team based at out studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting role, the successful candidate will be responsible for creating a variety of character driven performances, possessing a versatile animation skill set, to deliver a wide range of animations from humanoid through to creatures. Having a keen eye for detail and passionate about producing cinematic quality animations, along with being complemented by good technical ability and excellent communication skills.
As a Cinematic Animator, you will have prior experience working with Maya, and in engine cinematics. Demonstrating a natural ability to animate both human and creature performances for cinematics. Along with having experience in creating and delivering believable facial animation performances for a wide-ranging set of characters.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Produce feature quality, emotive real-world cinematic character performances for both human, and creatures
- Deliver full body performances, including facial emotion and lip sync using a combination of motion capture and key frame animation
- Take ownership of assets from creation to implementation into the game engine, using the inhouse cinematic tool set
- Have good organisational and time management skills, to ensure animations are delivered within the set task times
- Communicate and work interactively with key stake holders across the different disciplines within the cinematics team and the wider studio development teams
- Autodesk Maya and Motion Builder experience
- Editing and manipulating motion capture data with key frame animation
- Accomplished key frame animation skills - demonstrating feature quality animations involving complex human facial emotions, body mechanics and lip syncing
- In-engine cinematic experience, animation pipeline and processes experience
- Experience with camera narrative and the film making process
- Be agile, adaptable and be proactive problem-solving skills working within a fluid environment
- Work well within a team and be an active team player
- Animation supervisory experience
- Prior Experience with animation production planning - knowledge of Excel
- Performance capture acting and direction experience
- Experience working with Storyboard, Layout, 2D animation
- Formal art training
- A love of history, games and film
About Creative AssemblyIt’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely, whether you’re relocating now or will be in the future.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- We are developing more flexible ways of working to give everyone at CA the balance and space they need. We also offer enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.