Cinematic Designer - EA SPORTS™ FC
Cinematic Designer - EA SPORTS™ FC
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world’s biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere.
With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
The Cinematic Designer has a background in film and animation and has an eye for quality story-telling. They know how to make a scene feel tense, triumphant, harrowing, etc, just by selecting the right angle and lens. They can recognise the subtle movements that make a character look realistic and believable and strive to capture that in the animation. The Cinematic Designer can take a script and bring it to life while executing on the Cinematic Director’s vision. They are familiar with the cinematic process from previs to polish.
In addition to creative skills, the Cinematic Designer can work in the technical space to achieve the cinematic design goals. The Cinematic Designer can problem-solve and find creative solutions to deliver quality, especially when working with less than ideal content (such as lower-quality source animations or low-res textures).
The Cinematic Designer is expected to work closely with the Cinematics Director, Producers, Art Directors and the Senior Designers to realize the feature’s vision.
- Create cinematic content using FC processes and pipelines including content creation, in-engine implementation, and iteration
- Iterate on the cinematic content based on feedback from many sources
- Collaborate with Engineering and Technical Art/Animation departments to make our processes and tools efficient and flexible
- Identify performance issues, fix bugs, and polish content to achieve the best quality possible
- Be able to predict dependencies and production requirements
- Looks for, and identifies areas of opportunity and improvement
- Background in animation, film or related field
- In-depth knowledge on the language of film and a proven understanding of quality camera work
- A strong technical understanding of industry software tools like Adobe Premier, Autodesk Motionbuilder, as well as game engine visual scripting node-based workflows
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to quality
- Knows how to identify, assess and critically think through problems
- Ability to take and execute on criticism and feedback
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $54,900 - $84,750 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.