CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a talented and experienced Cinematic Designer to join our team. The person in this position will be responsible for creating compelling in-game interactive dialogue sequences and cutscenes in CD PROJEKT RED’s proprietary tool. The ideal candidate should have a very good understanding of directing, storytelling, acting and cinematography as well as a strong sense of composition and pacing.
- Creating interactive, branching cinematic sequences using in-house proprietary engine based on node system.
- Creating compelling cutscenes with excellent pacing, acting, cinematography, editing and timing.
- Communicating with Designers and Leads to improve readability of visual storytelling and establish perfect continuity of the story with gameplay.
- Setting up actor staging and cameras.
- Completing tasks on time while keeping high quality.
- Following and maintaining pipelines and technical requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts (preferably Animation / Film Production) and/or comparable years of professional experience in games/movies.
- Experience with 3D software (Motionbuilder, 3DSMax, Maya, Unreal Engine, etc.)
- Experience in using game engines: Unreal (preferably), Unity, Godot, REDkit etc.
- Good understanding of acting, including posing and timing.
- Good knowledge of cinematography and editing.
- Excellent communication skills and abilities to work efficiently within a team.
- Ability to quickly adapt to the company’s proprietary software as well as to learn new software.
- Technical problem-solving.
- Game development experience (doing a long-form project(s) from inception to completion).
Nice to have
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- A genuine interest in the genre.
- AAA games development experience as an animator (doing a long-form project(s) from inception to completion) will be a big plus.
Please, include any type of an art portfolio to your application (3D art, animation, movie, vfx, photography etc.).
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- An attractive and easily accessible location right in the city center.
- Free fruit and snacks, and specialty coffee that can be prepared in several different coffee machines. Take your pick!
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.