The Cinematic Designer is responsible for creating scenes within the game in collaboration with the Lead Cinematic Designer and the Animation, Level Design and Storyboard teams.
Using existing animation components, he/she designs compelling scenes within the game engine, taking into account pacing, camera angles and character acting.
The ideal candidate should have a good sense of how the playable portion (gameplay), core game mechanics, and cinematics interact together to tell a cohesive story (composition, staging, timing, editing).
What you will do:
- Design compelling dialogue-based scenes using animation libraries;
- Communicate and work closely with the Director, Lead Cinematographer, Level Designers, and Writers to translate storylines into interactive scenes or dialogue to balance the story with the gameplay portion of the game;
- Generate in-game preview scenes to assist in cinematic production;
- Respect and maintain the pipelines and technical requirements;
- Validate scenes in the game engine to ensure that scene integrations do not conflict with the rest of the game;
- Balance quality with efficiency, when constrained by tight delivery deadlines;
- Collaborate with the technical managers to improve the tools and share this knowledge;
- Perform all other related tasks.
What you bring to the team:
- Studies in film, animation, video game design or any other equivalent training;
- Experience in the game or film industry as a pre-visualization artist, animator, camera artist or any other similar job;
- Experience in character and camera animation in 3D software;
- Good film and acting skills;
- Experience in a video game engine/publisher;
- Good understanding of video game narrative logic;
- Ability to adapt quickly to internal software;
- Problem solving skills;
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication and ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Comfortable working with people of different levels and specialties;
- Organizational skills;
- Be on the lookout for new technologies and ways of doing things in the field.
What to send us
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience and skills;
- Feel free to send us examples of your previous work (attach files or send us a link to your online portfolio).
Have access to benefits that make a real difference in your day-to-day life :
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.