The Cinematic Designer is responsible for the initial setup and creation of scenes within a game through collaboration with the Cinematic Design Lead, animation, level design and writing teams.
He/she is responsible for creating compelling scenes with excellent pacing, camera and character acting inside the game engine.
The ideal candidate should have a strong sense of how gameplay and cinematics work together to tell a cohesive story, a good understanding of base gameplay pacing and mechanics as well as a good sense of cinematography (composition, staging, timing, editing and character performance).
What you’ll do
- Produce compelling dialogue-based cinematic scenes using animation libraries;
- Communicate and work closely with the Cinematic Design lead, Quest Designers and Writers to translate scripted scenes into cinematics, or to translate written dialogs into branching cinematics in the engine;
- Create in game previsualization to help realize direction;
- Follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements;
- Balance story with gameplay;
- Validate the cinematics in the game to ensure that the integration of those scenes did not cause any conflicts with the rest of the game;
- Share knowledge and collaborate with technical Leads in order to improve the quality of the tools;
- Balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines;
- Perform any other related tasks.
What you bring
- Degree in animation or equivalent;
- Experience working in the video games or film industry as a Cinematic Designer, Animator, Camera Artist, Video Editor or any similar job;
- Experience with an animation tool (Motion Builder, Maya...);
- Good knowledge of cinematography, staging and acting;
- Experience in game engine/editors;
- Basic understanding of narrative causality and logic;
- Quick to adapt to company proprietary softwares;
- Ability to understand and solve problems;
- Excellent communication skills and abilities to work efficiently within a team;
- Ability to work with people from other fields of expertise;
- Well Organized;
- Aware of new technologies and processes related to the industry.
What to send our way
- Your CV (highlighting your education, experience and skills), your portfolio and a cover letter.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer, where diversity is a priority. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status.