The Client Engineer at The Pokémon Company International will design and develop, in Unity, for best-in-class video game entertainment. You’ll work within an incubator team where you’ll bring new ideas to life and set the path for future products.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with multiple disciplines to develop and prove out game features and mechanics.
- Build features in a way that enables easy testing and flexibility during development.
- With a highly collaborative team, you will prototype, design, and develop clean code with your broad knowledge of game systems.
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years in a game development role.
- Experience with Unity development with at least one shipped title is preferred.
- Experience with a variety of client-based game systems and rapid prototyping.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and present multiple solutions.
- Effective communication skills, especially within teams and with technical information.
- Ability to accurately identify and navigate risks through the product planning process.
- BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent years of work experience.
How You Will Be Successful
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Work Excellence: You set high quality standards for peers through your work and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance with all deliverables.
- Creativity and Vision: You inject originality into your daily work research, knowledge and networking. You think outside the box and are willing to take a risk to find the best solutions.
- Professional Know-How: You understand procedural and technical aspects of your role. You demonstrate resourcefulness in acquiring additional professional expertise and keep up to date on resources available to enhance skills and meet the needs of all customers.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.