Client Software Engineer
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world’s biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere. With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
As part of the EA Sports FC you will work on the features that build the most played game mode of the EA Sports FC game, using the existing architecture or by bringing improvements to the UI Framework and Frostbite add-ons that we are using to build the features. EA Sports FC is an exclusive Online game mode so you will be working side-by-side with the Server team members, to be able to implement features like stadium customization, season objectives, FUT club or transfer market.
● Design and implement features for EA Sports FC game mode
● Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other EA Sports FC related sub-components and packages.
● Work with Server Engineers, Production and Interface Designers to gather requirements and write technical design specifications
● You will report to one of the EA Sports FC team's managers and work with your peers to develop EA Sports FC features
● Object-oriented programming experience of OO design principles
● 4+ years experience in C++ software development
● Experience in UI technologies (Qt, Unity or Unreal UI frameworks or web front-end development) is very nice to have
● Experience in ActionScript is nice to have
● Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Lua), C# and SQL is nice to have
● Ability to work with existing and unfamiliar code