Cloud Devops Engineer
EA is looking for a highly motivated & experienced Cloud DevOps Engineer with a strong understanding of Linux-based Enterprise applications and should provide support of complex systems running Red Hat Linux using RedHat Satellite v6x, Ansible Tower v2.9, and IPA v4.9.
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will assist in the development and modernization of our software products. You must be proficient with microservices architecture and container platforms leveraging Kubernetes and Docker containers
Must have 7+ years of progressive, technical experience—expertise in the Configuration Management System, RedHat Linux Clustering. DevOps Engineer must function with limited direction and guidance. Must be able to work in a team environment, demonstrate leadership skills, follow established business processes and procedures, prepare knowledge documentation SOP's, and perform changes and preventative maintenance to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of EA's computing environment.
- Deep expertise with AWS EKS
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes experience in a production setting. Experience
containerizing applications, deploying, and maintaining them
- Design, build & maintain large scale high performing, secure Kubernetes and other application
platform infrastructure on AWS & Azure
- APM and work with DevOps teams to Build, Release, Monitor and run the services to improve
- Dev Ops, Debugging skills, experience in logging and monitoring solutions such as Elastic Search,
Kibana, Prometheus, AWS CloudWatch/Cloud Metrics, etc.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and diagnose operational issues and drive them to closure
Enterprise-level solution experience
- Design, implement and support Ansible Tower environment
- Day to day system administration and Management
- Problem (break/fix) remediation
- Security Management (Research, analysis, and planning from an OS perspective) • Change auditing, file system cleanup, performance monitoring, patch installation, and security related remediation's using Linux scripting, Ansible Playbooks
- System Architecture/Design Reviews and provide feedback
- Experience with Virtualization (AWS, VMWare) and containerization (Docker / Kubernetes) • Experience with Agile CI/CD development tools such as Gitlab,, Terraform, Artifactory, Jenkins • Thorough understanding of common protocols and services, including DHCP, DNS, FTP(S), HTTP(S), LDAP, SIP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, TCP, UDP
- Experience developing workflow automation and tools using programming languages such as Python and Bash.
Ansible Technical Skills
- Use Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tools to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manage change.
- Write Python Code using Ansible Python API to Automate Cloud Deployment Process. • Develop Python Modules for Ansible Customizations
- Use Ansible Playbooks to set up Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed microservices, including provisioning on-prem, cloud (AWS, Azure, GCS) environments using Ansible Playbooks. • Use Ansible to document all infrastructures into version control.
- Experience in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Jenkins.
- Automate configuration management and deployments using Ansible playbooks and YAML for resource declaration and creating roles, and updating Playbooks to provision servers by using Ansible.
- Work with AWS Cloud management and Ansible Automation
IdM technical Skills
- knowledge, skills, and ability to create, configure and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux authentication services.
- Knowledge to integrate those services with various Red Hat and non-Red Hat products and technologies.
- Install and configure Red Hat Identity Management.
- Install and configure Red Hat Identity Management clients.
- Configure identity management–related services.
- Building AD trust, Creates and maintains roles and privileges within the Identity Management system
- Performs necessary procedures and controls to ensure appropriate system access controls are in place
- Knowledge to setup Sudoer profiles and HBAC
Satellite Technical Skills:
- Understanding of the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale Management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- Experience to configure Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages • Knowledge on how to use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration
- Knowledge how to provision hosts integrated with software and Ansible configuration management upon deployment
- Experience on:
o Red Hat Satellite 6.6 installation.
o Regulate Red Hat Satellite with organizations, locations, users, and roles.
o Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views. o Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Ansible playbooks and roles. o Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
Additional requirements (Value add)
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is an asset
- Experience with public cloud hosting services with an API-oriented approach to programmatically manage resources