Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer
Job Summary: As part of the Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure team, this position is responsible for planning, deploying and managing cloud infrastructure in support of business objectives. This position establishes, documents, and champions cloud infrastructure best practices within IT.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Support existing cloud-based systems, applications and infrastructure
- Coordinate with departments and vendors to assess cloud infrastructure needs
- Design cloud infrastructure to ensure applications and services will be highly available, reliable and scalable, and will provide a high-quality experience for end users
- Plan, implement, and manage Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure
- Audit, review, and report on operational and security status of cloud environment
- Establish, manage and maintain monitoring platforms and alerts
- Create IT cloud infrastructure performance reports and dashboards.
- Troubleshoot IT cloud infrastructure technologies
- Work closely with Information Security to secure IT cloud environment
- Document the design, operation, and troubleshooting of cloud platforms and procedures
- Mentor IT staff on cloud infrastructure
- Manage and maintain disaster recovery and backup services
- Stay current with new cloud technology options and vendor products
- Recommend process and architecture improvements
- Champion linux system administration best practices in cloud systems
- Support local & remote users via IT Support ticketing systems, emails, slack, phone calls, and as part of a Tier 2 on-call rotation
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of experience providing technical support across a broad range of AWS services including EC2, S3, Route53, VPC, AWS Backup, IAM, Lambda, Certificate Manager, Simple Notification Service, and MediaConvert
- 3+ years of experience designing and building server environments in AWS
- Experience with AWS network connectivity, virtual private networks (VPN), and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Familiarity with AWS best practices
- Solid background in linux server system administration
- Experience writing Infrastructure-as-Code using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience using cloud monitoring solutions
- Proficiency in script development and scripting languages
- Excellent analytical abilities, project coordination, and time management skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision and direction
- AWS certifications preferred
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $97000.00 - 147000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: TE.ESEA.P3
Internal Job Profile: Infrastructure Engineer (IC3)