Cloud Platform Developer
About our team
We are an R&D team built from a collection of eclectic designers and developers partnering with the FC Mobile Studio and several other studios across the company. We are united in our love for building game prototypes and tools and we hope you will join us!
We are looking for a experienced Cloud Platform Developer with expertise in serverless solutions to help us transition from a mixed architecture (C#, Python, local desktop application with some serverless modules) to a complete serverless architecture on the Google Cloud Platform. You have a background in building serverless solutions, especially for the Google Cloud Platform.
You will report to the head of the R&D team, while fulfilling the following responsibilities:
- Migration Strategy: Work with our team to understand the current architecture and design a comprehensive migration strategy to move our application to the Google Cloud Platform.
- API Integration: Ensure smooth integration with service APIs such as Reddit, Discord, App Stores, OpenAI, Youtube and others.
- Data Management: Implement best practices for data storage, retrieval, and transformation to ensure that data is ingested and served to internal front ends.
- Optimization: Monitor, troubleshoot, and adjust the system for performance, costs, and scalability.
- Documentation: Produce concise documentation detailing the new architecture, setup, and any operational considerations.
- 3-5 years of experience with the Google Cloud Platform, especially with Cloud Functions, Pub/Sub, Scheduled Tasks, BigQuery and other components.
- 4-6 years of experience in software development with proficiency in languages such as Python and C#
- 3-5 years of experience working with different kinds of databases, columnar, tabulated and graph style databases
- Familiar with popular BI frontend tools such as Looker, Data Studio or others.
- Comfortable working with AI services, especially Large Language Models
- An interest in the games industry because while this job posting is about the first thing you will work on, it will not be the last.
- Excellent English proficiency