What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The forward-looking architecture team at AMD is looking for an intern. Our mission is to research, prototype and architect solutions for GPU graphics and compute. We’re always on the forefront of hardware and software development and focus on fully integrated, top-to-bottom solutions spanning everything from the software to the hardware. We’re looking for a motivated intern to help us! The candidate will be working closely with AMD architects across multiple teams and contribute directly to the development of future hardware & new GPU programming models.
- Support AMD’s internal R&D activities around ray-tracing and GPU programming models
- Contribution to internal tools & library development
- Help understand and characterize hardware behaviour, performance, as well as possible use cases
Specific job functions
- Design, develop and maintain software tools & libraries
- Develop and conduct experiments
- Work in an environment with code reviews & defined releases processes
- Derive feature requests from internal and external feedback and implement them accordingly
- Summarize findings and report to other groups within AMD
Skills and Experience requirements
- Proficient at C/C++ programming language
- Experience with software debuggers
- Strong oral and written skills
- Good understanding of PC architecture
- Experience with a modern graphics API (Direct3D 11, 12, Vulkan) is a bonus
- Experience with Python/C# and raytracing is a bonus
Requisition Number: 182206
Country/Region/Location: Germany State/Province: Bavaria City: Munich
Job Function: Student/ Intern/ Temp