Commercial Operations Manager
Job Title:Commercial Operations Manager
Activision Blizzard has an immediate opening for a Commercial Operations Manager to work within our Publishing organization for the Japan market. This person will support all aspects of Retail Distribution Operations (including retail and digital platforms) and partner management in Japan, participating as a trusted member of the Activision Blizzard Japan team. Additionally, this person will play an important support role in ensuring we achieve our strategic objectives in the region through best in class planning, support and execution.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Asset management and delivery – coordination and dissemination of retail packaging assets to our Japan manufacturing and distribution partners.
- Work with APAC and International teams to procure product codes, barcodes and packaging assets to meet first party and manufacturing partner deadlines.
- Complete product release submissions for new products launching in the region.
- Work within supplier’s ordering systems to raise purchase orders for the manufacturing partners for retail products.
- Responsibility for the ordering of codes and vouchers for pre-order, beta, launch and studio testing, in partnership with International teams and first party vendors, for Japan market.
- Support the process of product ratings and CERO submissions; working with APAC Operations Director, Localization team(s) and local Brand Manager to flag any potential risks to the rating approval process.
- Assist in setting up and maintain assets for POSA and Xbox Code to Content (C2C) at retail in Japan.
- Cross functional partner for Supply Chain and Sales teams to work effectively with Distribution and Manufacturing partners in Japan.
Budgeting & Reporting
- New release Sales/Operations forecasting and weekly analysis post launch to monitor progress.
- Working with Distributors to create Retail Sales demand forecasting.
- Updating & distribution of retail sales reports, and comparison to forecasts (AOP).
- Retail pre-order, sell-in, sell thru, reorder and stock on hand tracking.
- Monitoring of weekly physical sales, sell-thru, operations stock on hand.
- Invoice/payment process with accounting/finance and Distributor(s)
Partner Management Support
- Work with regional first party teams and distribution partners to ensure clarity of submission deadlines and that all assets and information related to retail product launches are provided on time and in a localised format.
- Set-up weekly contact with distribution partners to secure latest sales and reorder data and to ensure that stock levels are kept to a minimum of 4 weeks stock cover.
- Coordination of finished goods delivery to our distribution partners by due dates.
- Faulty goods claims processing
- Asset localisation support
- Minimum 5 years previous experience, within Japan
- Games, technology, media or entertainment background is an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
- Team player with the ability to deliver results.
- Self-starter with a proactive, can-do approach and the ability to pick up projects and complete work independently.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written to deal with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders. Exceptional attention to detail with a focus on accuracy, diligence, and care.
- Ability to learn and implement new processes
- High level of organization and the ability to prioritize concurrent projects and tasks. Must be able to handle time and accuracy pressured situations to meet deadlines and deliver consistent work.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Understanding of the retail entertainment market and first party game consoles.
- Basic analytical skills, financial literacy.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams, Slack, Google Docs, Zoom
- Passion to self-motivate, the guile to sell your ideas to other stakeholders, and the commitment to execute those ideas cross-functionally.
- Native Japanese skills and Proficient English levels (written and verbal) required
- Familiarity with a global organization as well as an understanding of the competing needs and requirements of different regions and cultures.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.