Communications Senior Specialist, DACH & CEE
Job Title:Communications Senior Specialist, DACH & CEE
Reporting To: PR and Communications Manager DACH & CEE
Location: Office based (Soho, London) & hybrid work from home
We’re seeking a Senior Specialist for our franchise communications in the DACH and Central Eastern Europe (CEE) countries. As part of the EMEA Communications and PR team, you will contribute to some of the largest game franchises in entertainment - Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Diablo, Overwatch - working and coordinating across all aspects of our go-to-market plans: press office activity, influencer and creator relations, celebrity integrations, events and PR reporting. This includes working in partnership with the local marketing teams and agencies, to ensure integrated campaign executions and optimization of resources.
In the region, the Germany is a priority market for our EMEA publishing team, with continued opportunity for growth and to reach new players.
We are looking for a high energy detail-oriented person who can multitask efficiently and thrive in a fast-paced, driven environment. This person will also be highly organised and able to work independently, while contributing to the goals of the team. Clear, concise communication skills are a must-have.
This is a full-time position ideally starting before March 2023 and will be based in the UK. Our office in Soho is in the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. It is conveniently just walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations and has a well-stocked kitchen and a free on-site gym
You will be directly responsible for supporting Franchise communications work within the DACH & CEE countries. You will thrive in an upbeat team environment, will be highly organised, and able to work closely with local agency teams to achieve their goals.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Support planning, execution, and reporting of our Comms initiatives for key Activision and Blizzard franchises in the local market.
- Collaborate with EMEA Comms & Influencer Management teams, work closely with the cross-functional teams in marketing, media, partnerships, social, community to ensure PR plans are well integrated into overall Marketing execution
- Generate creative ideas which drive enhanced editorial content and coverage.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the local press and with additional key media partners in relation to our products.
- Support tours, live event executions, trade show activations, partner promotions and competitions as well as other opportunities to share our games to connect with Influencers and Media.
- Provide inputs for reporting across streaming networks, creator platforms, specialist and mainstream media, including analysing key performance data, industry trends and emerging opportunities. Partner optimally with external PR, creator, media or event agencies to deliver impactful output that connects with our core external audiences
- Make use of our measurement tools to evaluate campaign success and deliver reports to internal stakeholders
- Lead organisational activities such as presentations, project tracking, reporting, asset management, database maintenance
In a company that serves and engages millions of players across EMEA, you will contribute to building the most advanced data-driven and player-centric marketing practices, and to reinventing communication with players by extending their epic entertainment experience with us beyond our games.
This role is a Senior Specialist level position where you'll thrive with a can-do attitude and won't be afraid to get proactively involved in a working environment that will empower and encourage you to think creatively, all whilst sharing in some great company benefits and initiatives.
- You’ll be a confident, proactive, dedicated, and empathic personality that oozes team spirit with the added extra of being a bold go-getter, tenacious in nature, who can work autonomously when required, all with a great sense of humour. In addition you will have:A degree level education preferred, or relevant work experience required for the role
- Prior experience in Communications Management with Press and Creators, ideally for an Entertainment brand
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and fluency in German
- Outstanding organisational and planning abilities - shown to prioritise work and deliver on time.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Awareness of business planning and consumer audiences (targeting, segmentation, media trends)
- A willingness to travel when required
- Previous experience in technology, media, entertainment preferred. Passionate about video games is plus
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and member of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification or criteria, when in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard we are committed to crafting a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage all to apply.
Activision Blizzard plays a centralised role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
This is an exciting time to join us. Ask anyone who works at Activision Blizzard their favourite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of a diverse group of backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB