Community and Social Media Manager
Jan 21, 2023
We are looking for a community engagement and social media manager who will take on the challenge of helping grow the profile of our new studio, create and support our social media presence and represent our game brand online. You will support business and marketing objectives by being the link between our community of players and our internal development team - managing assets, communication channels to build a positive, vibrant and inclusive experience in and out of our games, with the goal to retain and engage our players and help attract top talent to Haven.
The Community and Social Media Manager reports directly to the Head of Studio Marketing and Communications
Responsibilities and Duties
- In collaboration with the Head of Studio Marketing and Communications, build a communications strategy and campaigns that help grow the Haven profile online, supporting our marketing needs to attract the best talent, while building and growing a positive and inclusive community for both the studio and our games.
- Maintain a dialogue with our players, and actively participate in discussions online or in person in ways that reflect our studio values of kindness, adaptability and courage that make space for creative excellence.
- Coordinate with the development team to create feedback loops with the community and bring us closer to our players. Represent the community to the team, building knowledge and guiding deep understanding of the player motivations.
- Create content to support the community and social media strategy, both written content and visual assets including videos.
- Develop communications to support events both online and in-person: from online betas to trade shows.
- Set KPIs around engagement and retention and demonstrate success and ROI of communication projects by monitoring sentiment and continuously optimize performance, reporting on these insights regularly.
- Proven experience growing positive and inclusive communities that mitigate toxicity.
- Expertise moderating online communities.
- 5+ years experience developing communities, and creating and executing communication strategies.
- Deep knowledge of the game industry and demonstrated expertise and participation in online gaming communities.
- Demonstrated expertise driving high performance community and digital programs online and on social platforms including Twitch, Discord, TikTok, Twitter, and Instagram, as well as providing guidance and insights on emerging platforms.
- Experience in content and digital media asset creation a plus.
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English and French.
- Relevant degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or a related field is a plus but not a requirement.