Community Developer [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora]
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first-person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open-world experience.
We are looking for a Community Developer to join us in guiding the community strategy for Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora. You will be responsible for taking the lead in implementing best-in-class and strategic 360 plans. In collaboration with other communication teams, you will be working towards players' engagement and supporting long-term retention for the game.
You will be analyzing the industry trends and audiences’ data, as well as initiating Community focus strategies and tactics, reporting on planned and current projects, guiding effective engagement marketing approaches, and ensuring that projects are carried out within budget, and accordingly with external partners endorsement. You will work developing exciting communications and developing relationships with players.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you'll do
- Executing strategies that foster and grow the community around the Avatar franchise, together with Brand, the Dev-team, and additional operations.
- Collaborating and communicating community strategies to worldwide partners (IP licensors, game teams, business teams, PRs, etc).
- Developing and supporting processes to relay the community needs and opinions, together with player experience experts.
- Collaborating with Community Managers to ensure the successful deployment of engagement and communication strategies, as well as supporting interactions with the player-base. Setting the editorial line for community-centric communication, and coordinating the production of all written community content, such as articles and patch notes.
- Coordinating the production of community assets in collaboration with the studio content team and development teams (i.e. static and video assets).
- Establishing performance indicators to regularly evaluate the results and performance of your content and activations.
- Helping to coordinate studio events, such as player workshops or community events.
- Being the spokesperson of the community internally and externally for the development team to the community
- Developing internal community while putting into practice content and live strategy prior to launching.
- International travels required.
What you’ll bring
You are passionate about the gaming community and James Camerons' Avatar, knowledgeable of channels like Discord, Reddit & Twitch. You are empathic and a great communicator in English, which helps you develop strong relationships with the community and the people you work with (in-person, online, and on camera). You’re autonomous, with an International mindset, and look forward to delivering on a global product.
In addition, we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values with the following skills and experience:
- Proven professional experience managing online communities and developing strategic plans in the video game industry, ideally from AAA games and with external IPs
- Knowledge of the full game development cycle, from concept to Live updates
- Degree in Communication, Marketing, a relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Solid project coordination skills and familiar with collaborative tools (i.e Smartsheet, Google Docs, etc.)
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.