Community Engagement Program Manager
The Corporate Communications team shapes Riot's global identity and reputation with players, future Rioters, partners, governments, and more. Our team functions include public relations, government affairs, executive visibility, recruiting social media, riotgames.com editorial content, and more. We partner with teams across the company to showcase how Riot makes it better to be a player. We love games and telling the stories that emerge during development, but we also help explain Riot to people who don't love games quite as much as we do.
As a Community Engagement Program Manager, reporting to the Senior Director, Communications, you'll evolve Riot's guidelines and training programs for community engagement. You'll partner with the Community team, Legal team, and product teams around the company to understand the engagement landscape and support Rioters interacting with players everywhere while promoting Riot's values and highlighting 'what good looks like.'
- Build a cohesive engagement training program that arms Rioters with the knowledge they need to go forth and represent Riot externally
- Create internal resources and processes to help Rioters understand Riot's engagement philosophy and guidelines
- Explore new programs including:
- Engagement highlights: a feed of excellent engagement examples to show what good looks like and encourage engagement with the community
- Social media safety: training programs and resources to help Rioters create secure social media accounts and respond to crises
- Best practices: training and resources for different social platforms and high-level best practices
- Coach Rioters on engagement and platform best practices, answer questions, and support in complex engagement situations
- Help build a future vision for Riot's engagement strategy
- 3+ years of experience working as a program manager, communications strategist, community manager, or other relevant role
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience creating engagement or social media policies
- Knowledge of social platforms, communication strategy, and engagement strategy
- Experience collaborating across teams
- Experience combining data, partner feedback, and research into elegant programs that solve specific problems
- Experience distilling a large amount of information into a clear message
- A love for games or entertainment and a deep audience understanding
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.