Community Manager- Competitive
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Community Manager, Competitive
- Job Summary:
As part of the larger Digital Consumer Engagement organization, the Community Marketing & Streaming team is responsible for utilizing owned channels to inform, entertain and establish two-way communications with Pokémon’s players and fans.This role will serve as an ambassador to our competitive community, working closely with official and unofficial competitive organizations and stakeholders, and using various tools to create communication and feedback pathways both to and from our players and fans. The role will coordinate cross-departmentally (Marketing, Public Relations, Premiere Events, Organized Play, Product Development, Customer Service and more) to support organizational and promotional goals, providing thought leadership and a strategic point of view to ensure community engagement initiatives are integrated into the company’s broad marketing strategy.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Support community marketing endeavors promoting official Pokémon competitive and esports events in addition to the overall Pokémon competitive organization, including live operations and onsite event coverage.
- Create and execute on a social media marketing and live operations editorial calendar, determining opportunities for engagement and ways to delight our audience.
- Manage vendor relationships that support our official competitive programs, including the approval of assets and marketing materials, providing guidance and strategy, and setting expectations and standards in line with our brand.
- Elevate the recognition of our official competitive players, highlighting their stories to help our broader community understand their journeys.
- Track, gauge, and report on fan sentiment and reaction within owned and organic communities, anticipating trending concerns and communicating effective feedback to the development teams
- Perform outreach to relevant organic communities and their leaders to cultivate two-way communication between our internal stakeholders and our fans.
- Collaborate with both Public Relations and Customer Service teams on tracking player issues to determine scale, escalation, and reactive strategy.
- Actively work with the entirety of the Digital Consumer Engagement team to create synergy between all consumer-facing digital platforms and channels (I.e., Social Marketing, Email, Live Streaming, etc.).
- Know and understand the lifecycle of a product and maintaining the appropriate tone and content for that stage of the product.
- Foster and assist in the creation of what a healthy community landscape looks like for the business
What you’ll bring
- Four (4) to six (6) years of proven experience with community management, competitive gaming organizations, gaming ecosystems, and social marketing for video games and/or mobile games
- Understanding of what drives the success of marketing for official, modern esports organizations and programs
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media and community platforms (Twitter, Discord, Reddit, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, Facebook, etc.) and how they can be leveraged to achieve business goals
- Understand the “always on” nature of social media and community management with a willingness to work off-hours as needed to ensure best practice, channel security, brand safety and timeliness of messaging
- Proven expertise in developing compelling social media campaigns and effective content strategies to drive community enthusiasm and engagement
- Experience creating, implementing, measuring and reporting on campaign and content performance
- Expert on how to strategically recommend the best mix of marketing channels for a campaign to efficiently target high value demographics
- Avid Pokémon player and fan, with knowledgeable and deep expertise in the franchise
- Experience with marketing for an esports organization or a team is a huge plus
- Experience working within strict brand and/or legal guidelines is a plus
- Experience working within a highly-regulated industry is a plus
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $102,000.00 - $152,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
#LI- CK1 #LI-Hybrid