Job Title: Community Manager
Contract term: Perm
Reporting to: Co-Studio Head
Who are we?
At Roll7, we create exciting and critically acclaimed video games - including the BAFTA-winning OlliOlli franchise. Innovation, freedom, and a real sense of fun are at the heart of everything we do, from creating award-winning original IPs to the everyday business of running our unique distributed workplace set-up.
With a current headcount of 60+ we need great talent to help us on our journey to build a remarkable studio and help shape the way video games are made in the industry.
An exciting opportunity to work with our talented team to engage with fans and reach new audiences - growing our community across all our social channels! As our new Community Manager, you'll be at the forefront of fostering vibrant gaming communities around our titles, and ensuring a positive gaming experience.
Typical tasks and projects you will work on include:
Maintaining a strong online presence by actively participating in community forums and social media platforms
Taking charge of community initiatives, outlining the necessary steps to make content releases successful
Writing remarkable copy for use across all our channels
Developing community assets, including blogs, live streams, and interviews, to keep players engaged and informed
Capturing epic gameplay footage, pinpointing key moments for use in marketing materials
Expanding the core community in terms of both size and engagement, ensuring a lively player base
Identifying new channels and tools to maximise online presence
Fostering authentic, two-way conversations with our community members, creating meaningful interactions
Analysing content and channel performance through regular reporting
Partnering with Game Developers to influence product changes and future plans based on player feedback
Collaborating closely with our leadership team to provide valuable customer insights and contribute to the overall business strategy
You as our Community Manager
An open mind and friendly nature is vital. Roll7 has managed to stay true to its core beliefs and make this one of the best remote companies to work for, and it comes down to the people we have working with us. You will come across as friendly, open and easy to get along with whilst remaining clear, concise and delivering when needed.
Passionate about what you do. We love making games. We love playing games. Our new community manager must be passionate about the industry, about the experiences it can provide and about helping shape those experiences within our titles.
Team Player. Although we all work from home, none of us are working alone. Communication and a desire to support other members of the team is an essential part of working at Roll7. We also encourage everyone to get involved with our social events and become a big part of the team.
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of gamer culture, social media and content trends
- Confident in your ability to edit videos and images for use on socials and for trailers;
- Adobe Creative Suite experience required (proficient in Photoshop, and Premiere Pro. After Effects also desirable) Or equivalent program
- Ability to design static and animated graphics in various digital formats e.g. posts, gifs, presentations
- Be creatively led to ensure our campaigns are highly engaging / inspiring
- You have excellent time-management skills and can work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to take ownership of projects and are willing to step in to help others when needed
- You have the capacity to listen to internal feedback and apply changes with a can-do attitudeA
- Eagerness to innovate and generate new ideas
- Fluency in spoken and written English
More about Roll7
Game Changers in Remote Working
We've been a remotely distributed studio for the past five years; way before any type of lockdown and pandemic, so we know how to make it work! But pre-restrictions we would make sure our team would meet up once every ten days to keep staff engagement alive and have some real life human interaction. We plan to pick this up again as soon as we can safely do so.
Our robust online communication system, alongside scheduled team fun days and activities, allow us to retain all the positives of a welcoming and friendly office environment, without the downsides of a long and expensive commute and office politics.
We know that remote work allows us to offer a high degree of freedom and autonomy to our motivated and creative staff, and we're passionate about making sure that everyone at Roll7 can work in a way that allows them to balance impressive workplace achievements with their own responsibilities at home.
To complement this we have a robust flexible working policy that allows you to cover your working hours however best suits you, so that the work day can fit around your needs - from doctor’s appointments, to the school run, to extra time to spend with your pets and family. We also do not crunch, we don't want our team to be burnt out or suffer from technostress so working your hours and not crunching is one of our biggest priorities.
Everyone is welcome
Our team is at the heart of everything we do, and it matters to us that everyone feels comfortable and valued at work. We are an equal opportunities employer, and we have a keen commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where all of our employees are accepted and valued as part of the team. We hire based on talent and suitability for the role - regardless of race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
To support this, as a #RaiseTheGame pledge partner, we are deeply committed to creating an inclusive work environment that actively encourages applications from diverse backgrounds and perspectives across underrepresented communities such as BAME, LGBTQIA+ and Disabled applicants.
What's in it for you?
- 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and Christmas shutdown - that’s 37 days holiday total!
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your lifestyle and promote work/life balance
- Wellness initiatives including Headspace memberships and guided chair yoga & meditation sessions
Support for your physical health, including free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Discretionary hampers & gifts
- Fun team days out and studio parties (in the past we’ve done Go Ape, escape rooms, fancy dinners and cocktails, and more)
- We will kit you out with all the hardware and software you’ll need for your home office, including laptops, monitors, ergonomic chairs and more
- Casual dress code (but hey, if you like to dress up, that’s also cool!)
- Remote working saving you time and money on travel
No crunch!!! It's real, enjoy your evenings!
Please attach your CV and covering letter quoting the job reference number. Your cover letter should detail how you meet the requirements above.